RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Brother's Birthday
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 pm 
Hawkeye

Sorry to post this here, but I just have to relieve the pain:

June 27; on this date 80 years ago my beloved brother Jimmy Lee Dunn was born in Long Beach California; I was born 18 months later (February 27, 1941); ALL my life my brother Jimmy was my best friend and I loved him dearly. Whenever the Navy forced us to move he was always there as my friend. He had a heart of GOLD and did not hesitate to help others when it was needed. He worked at many jobs in his lifetime, had a sense of humor and loved a good joke.
Even though we lived on opposite coasts, whenever I called it it was like we last saw each other in person yesterday.
I am glad I flew out to California at the end of February last year to see him, for some reason, GOD moved me to make that flight.
I pray that GOD has made room for him in heaven.

HAPPY 80th Birthday Brother Dear where ever your soul may be; Just know that I keep your memory in my heart and still love you.

He passed away about three days before his 79th Birthday.

(sorry, my mind wandered; the 27th is my brothers birthday)

Last edited by Colonialgirl on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 pm 
Hunter

May the Lord bring you love, peace and comfort in your grief and watch over Jimmy Lee in Gloryland.

Good Sam Club Life Member
Christians United for Israel
Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Inc.
'Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.'— C. H. Spurgeon
I support 2A because when seconds count police are only minutes away...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:45 pm 
Buckeye

No need to be sorry. Your brother sounds like he was a good man. I hope my sisters will remember my love for them and say good things about me if I die before them.
Go celebrate your brother's birthday with a smile that he was in your life. Plus maybe a little cake. Sometimes I bake a cake to celebrate my late parents birthdays and share it with other family and friends. Sometimes I share a memory or two, sometimes I just keep them to myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:02 am 
Hawkeye

Prayer from Texas for your peace, comfort, and strength.
Your brother is watching and I believe he is smiling.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:53 am 
Hawkeye

Prayers sent. Celebrate the love! Have some ice cream with that cake! :)
gramps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:38 am 
Ruger Guru

Pam,, you confused me for a moment.
You are a week early,, and today happens to be MY brother's 70th birthday. I knew your bropther's birthday was near my own brother's birthday,, and was a bit confused when I saw the post.

Still,,, I'm lucky that my brother,, a Vietnam vet is still here,, doing quite well,, and that I get to call him later to rag him a little. (Little brothers are like that ya know!)

And I know,, that next to our Dad,, my big brother will be missed the most when he's gone.

So,, I think I can understand your thoughts.

Smile & remember all the good things about him & celebrate his birthday with memories!

" A fine is a tax for doing wrong,
and a tax is a fine for doing
right! "
NRA Instructor
USPSA shooter
SASS shooter (Outlaw Joe Wales)
NRA Women On Target Instructor
NC Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Wildlife Control
Scuba Instructor
Eagle Scout, BSA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:52 am 
Buckeye

So sorry to hear the news Pamela. I recall your posts in the past about how you two played together, got into all sorts of adventures. One that I recall was you two getting free pineapples off of a transport train in Hawaii?

Bless you both. Your brother certainly knew how much you loved him.

Just thought of this. Keanu Reeves, on a talk show recently was asked the question, "What happens when we die" and his response was, "I know that those who loved us will miss us". Pamela, love him, miss him and smile when you do.

Best, John

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 am 
Hunter

Mourn his loss,but celebrate his life. I envy your close relationship with your brother. May the memories of this wonderful man bring peace and happiness to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:49 am 
Hawkeye

The older we get,the more pain enters our lives. May God comfort you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:05 pm 
Hunter

One year as I was sending my older brother a birthday card, I mentioned that he was the last person left that I had known all my life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:06 am 
Hunter

My condolences to you. The pain of losing a loved one never truly goes away, but we learn to live with it. My own brother is now 80, and in good health. But I never forget that none of us is guaranteed another day on this Earth, and that he or I could be gone tomorrow. We live 1,000 miles apart but we talk at least once a week and try to get together a few times each year. I can only advise anyone reading this that they should think about the family and friends that they love, and not to put off spending time with them and connecting with them. Putting that off while you take care of other "important" things (that will seem quite unimportant when you lose that person) can get in the way, so try your best not to let that happen.

Retired

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
― George Orwell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:29 am 
Hawkeye

Thank you to all of you for your kind remarks.
With my Dad in the Navy, we lived from San Diego to Bremerton, WA and from Pensacola/Jacksonville, Fl to Wilkesbarre, PA with stops in Chicago, Boston and Millington, TN and then from West (Hawaii,Ford Island) to East (Morocco with visits to Tangiers and Gibralter) and finally time spent in Bartlesville, OK. My brother Jimmy was there through it all. We were blessed with my little brother from Hawaii(1948) until we lost him at 60+ years of age while he was living in Prescott, Az.
Again Thank you for the kind words and I KNOW I will see them again some day when I too cross the Rainbow Bridge.
Pamela