RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:42 am 
Hawkeye

I wonder if they make a man's large in a red MAGA Thundershirt. I could use one watching the news on anything other than Fox.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am 
Buckeye

Mine is, every time there is a thunderstorm he wants to go out and play in the rain and try to catch the drops.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am 
Hawkeye

Location: The Liberal held left bank of the Mississippi River
My son has a Weimeraner that runs for cover at the sight of a firearm. You can have her outside right next to you. If you pull out a concealed weapon she runs for cover.
This is a rescued dog that was about 6 mo old when they got her. Evidently the original owner mistreated her badly. She was malnourished and was getting treatment for worms. She is a healthy, happy animal now except for when she sees a gun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:59 am 
Buckeye

When I saw these thunder shirts I immediately thought of Temple Grandin. Just like that cattle squeeze-chute she invented which sort of "hugs" the cow calming it, these shirts sort of hug the dog and do the same thing?

We do what we can for our pets.

Pierow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:17 pm 
Hawkeye

Pierow wrote:
When I saw these thunder shirts I immediately thought of Temple Grandin. Just like that cattle squeeze-chute she invented which sort of "hugs" the cow calming it, these shirts sort of hug the dog and do the same thing?

We do what we can for our pets.

Pierow

Yeah, I saw that movie about Temple Grandin but if you watch shows like Dr. Pol veterinarian, the cows he treats in those chutes are anything but calm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:41 pm 
Hunter

caryc wrote:
Yeah, I saw that movie about Temple Grandin but if you watch shows like Dr. Pol veterinarian, the cows he treats in those chutes are anything but calm.

My mom watches a bunch of those vet shows, including Dr. Pol, and usually has one of them on when I go over there on weekends to help her out. I suppose it's because I grew up in town instead of on a farm, but I always find it alarming when Dr. Pol fetches a come-along and winches the calves out. Or when one procedure or another requires reaching a hand up into a cow's nethers all the way to the shoulder, which would explain some of the less-calm looks on the faces of his patients. Nope, I probably wouldn't have made a good veterinarian. :lol:

As for squirrelly dogs, I suspect my mom's miniature Aussie shepherd Pepper would qualify. She's so stubborn, it's like having a dog with the mind of a cat.

--"Where am I to go now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight Zone."

-- "Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free." -- Jerry Pournelle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 pm 
Hawkeye

Cats have minds? We've always had one or two around since I was a wee lad but as far as minds I'm still not sure. On the other hand we've never had any vermin in or around the house as long as you don't count the cats themselves.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:45 am 
Single-Sixer

One of the saddest things I see is a mid to large dog kept indoors. They are meant to be outdoors and not tied to a tree. Kept inside they can't burn off that natural energy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:29 am 
Hawkeye

Hmmm, newfies, mastiffs, Great Pyrenees etc are great inside dogs. They make great rugs? They lie around anyway.
gramps