RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:26 pm 
Hunter

It should be RIP but not forgotten. I think of him every time I log on to this board. From what I have heard and pieced together it is quite a sad story, and that the 100 where so handled without consideration to what they were or what effort was undertaken by some of the members here, is even more sad.
See ya later Carl.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:35 pm 
Bearcat

I was aware of Carl's illness and it saddens me to read this, as I haven't checked in here for a very long time.
Carl was a special guy and ran this place like it should be done.
Always open to new ideas, always willing to share his knowledge, and experiences, and also interested in listening to what others had to say without judging or condemning.
This forum sunk like a battelship when he took ill and stopped participating, which is exactly why I left.
Rest in peace Flatgate, you won't be forgotton.
Sincerely,
Macbullet

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:01 pm 
Hawkeye

Quote:
This forum sunk like a battelship when he took ill and stopped participating, which is exactly why I left.
Rest in peace Flatgate, you won't be forgotton.
Sincerely,
Macbullet

Well I don't know about that. I for one still have some VERY DEAR friends on this Forum that I enjoy hearing about what they are doing in their life.
Yes My VERY GOOD Friend that called me his Brother is gone and I will never forget him. We were a lot closer than most on this Forum will ever know.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:42 am 
Ruger Guru

I have to agree with Jim.
While Flatgate was a great person to head up this place,, it was the members who made it the best. Yes,, from time to time,, he'd have to step in & handle something,, but mostly,, the members were & still are "self policing" to make this a great Forum.
I, like Jim have made some wonderful friends here.
And yes,, while we are having some server issues,,, that is a whole separate topic,, and has nothing to do with Carl.
We still have members who share stuff,, & take the time to answer questions & such.
And yes,, we've also lost other members that helped make this place unique. Fast Ed & his daily cartoon about Slippery Rock. Wil Terry & his direct info. Hank in Louisiana who always made us appreciate things. Piper,, who was great for a smile.
All gone,, but not forgotten.

But we still have a lot of good folks around,, and Carl would WANT us to continue. Just as any family does when a treasured member passes. Things may change a little,, but if we continue their legacy,, then they are not forgotten.

" A fine is a tax for doing wrong,
and a tax is a fine for doing
right! "
NRA Instructor
USPSA shooter
SASS shooter (Outlaw Joe Wales)
NRA Women On Target Instructor
NC Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Wildlife Control
Scuba Instructor
Eagle Scout, BSA

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 am 
Hawkeye

It has been said elsewhere, and I cannot say it better . . . so long as even one of us remembers him, he is not "gone".

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=270389

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 pm 
Ruger Guru

Amen.

right! "
NRA Instructor
USPSA shooter
Scuba Instructor
Eagle Scout, BSA

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 pm 
Hunter

I was going through our FFL records.. Dad sold him quite a few guns as Carl was beginning his Ruger Journey

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:13 pm 
Hunter

I was wondering about a "Memorial Wall" with those names we have lost that were members. Seems that would be to honor those gone on.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:38 pm 
Ruger Guru

Nice idea!

right! "
NRA Instructor
USPSA shooter
Scuba Instructor
Eagle Scout, BSA

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:11 pm 
Hawkeye

jimbo1096 wrote:
I was wondering about a "Memorial Wall" with those names we have lost that were members. Seems that would be to honor those gone on.

I would wager this forum has lost thousands of members in the almost twenty years since the turn on date. That's gonna be some "wall". :shock:

As far as flatgate - we bought n sold many guns and Ruger items between us over the years. As a contractor to SR, I often slid some double-secret inside info to him and I'm sure I'm not the only one in such a position to do so.

PC = Political Submission

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:22 pm 
Buckeye

JUST SEEN THIS AND WAS SHOCKED . WAS HE NOT THE OWNER OF THIS SITE . BUT HEAVEN HAS A NEW RUGER FAN FOR SURE . RIP FLATGATE

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9