HUMOR - Japanese Stealth Fighter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NixieTube

Blackhawk
I see the headline today:

"Japan Succeeds in Test Flight of First Stealth Fighter Jet"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-succeeds-test-flight-first-stealth-fighter-jet-060235740.html?ref=gs

and I think:

"To achieve its amazing tactical advantage, right up until the very last second it looks like a giant robot!"

VOLTRON.jpg

Hmm.

A college professor/folk singer did a song about the MLF (multi lateral force) many years ago. Basically part of the plan was to arm Germany with nukes. There was a line in the song referring to Germany, "we taught them a lesson in 1918 and they haven't bothered us since then".

All things considered allowing Japan to have advanced weaponry is pretty much another bad idea.

toysoldier

Hunter
Jeepnik said:
Hmm.

A college professor/folk singer did a song about the MLF (multi lateral force) many years ago. Basically part of the plan was to arm Germany with nukes. There was a line in the song referring to Germany, "we taught them a lesson in 1918 and they haven't bothered us since then".

All things considered allowing Japan to have advanced weaponry is pretty much another bad idea.

That was Tom Lehrer, in MLF Lullaby:

"Sleep, baby, sleep, in peace may you slumber,
No danger lurks, your sleep to encumber,
We've got the missiles, peace to determine,
And one of the fingers on the button will be German."

Other favorites by him includeThe Old Dope Peddler, Poisoning Pigeons in the Park, and The Masochism Tango.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
:lol: Hey guys, this was supposed to be humor, not global military strategy.

But look at the photo of the fighter. I don't know about you, but it doesn't look very "stealth" to me. It looks like a very conventional, tandem trainer jet. Great big bulbous clear canopy, sharp engine inlets, two honkin' huge vertical stabilizers, it kind of looks like a cross between a T-4 Trainer and an F-15.

Must be a "stealth" stealth fighter. It's so stealth, it looks like the airframe is at least a 40 year old design.

Laugh a little. :lol:

NixieTube

Blackhawk
And if we want to talk about global military strategy, I think it's probably as worrisome or more worrisome that Google owns Boston Dynamics than it is for Japan to develop what looks like a "nonstealth" stealth fighter.

The Google Robots are going to be a lot more deadly if they're used the wrong way. I guess we're all just going to have to trust Sergey Brin not to be "evil."

http://www.bostondynamics.com/

I dunno, folks. Self-driving cars. Self-writing journalism. Burgerbots and automated drone drink waiters. All kinds of super-advanced military robots from the size of a flea to the size of a Zeppelin. Swarming 3-D printing robots that build ship hulls, construct building foundations, and paint the walls. Robot receptionists. Robot sex partners and all the problems they're going to entail. If you think you have trouble with your girlfriend now, just wait a while. And 24/7/365 constant monitoring of everything, everywhere. I hope that sounds great to you, because that's what's coming, and a lot more.

When we get to 2050, is there going to be anything an ordinary human being with an IQ of 90-110 can do to be gainfully employed? Aside from being employed by the government? :shock:

It's looking increasingly doubtful. Because let's face it: we're not all going to be creative artists, or even noncreative artists. We're definitely not going to all be Ph.Ds. And fewer people than ever are going to even qualify as elementary school teachers. It's not going to "free" people - it's going to make them *useless* in exponentially larger numbers, and even more relatively expensive to keep around. That's a lot different than being "free." We live in a system where one's "utility" is very important and if you don't think that's true you don't live in the real world. Take that away for most people and what do you have?

Then what? Everyone else sits at home on the government dole, 'works' 10 hours a week cleaning bedpans, takes drugs and watches VR P0Rn? Lots more people are going to be. The 21st Century is shaping up to be a real total eclipse for human beings. Somehow I'm not all that worried about Japanese "stealth" fighters.

I look at the Boston Dynamics videos of "spot" and I think:

"Why bother having a dog? Why bother having a person walk the dog? Why bother doing anything except let itself plug itself in to a Google-monitored power outlet?" The answers I get after thinking aren't good. There aren't any.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
NixieTube said:
:lol: Hey guys, this was supposed to be humor, not global military strategy.

But look at the photo of the fighter. I don't know about you, but it doesn't look very "stealth" to me. It looks like a very conventional, tandem trainer jet. Great big bulbous clear canopy, sharp engine inlets, two honkin' huge vertical stabilizers, it kind of looks like a cross between a T-4 Trainer and an F-15.

Must be a "stealth" stealth fighter. It's so stealth, it looks like the airframe is at least a 40 year old design.

Laugh a little. :lol:

You're looking at the wrong airplane, the chase plane.

Bob Wright

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Bob Wright said:
You're looking at the wrong airplane, the chase plane.

Bob Wright

Show me the picture of the actual plane. Here are all the Google Images I can find.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Japanese+Stealth+Fighter&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4p9iOjqbMAhUHZCYKHdtoDDAQ_AUICCgC&biw=1920&bih=957

This photo looks exactly like the photograph in the Yahoo link:

http://www.ecnmag.com/blog/2015/04/japans-first-indigenous-stealth-fighter-could-take-flight-summer

The real reason for the plane's $400 million development cost is this:

"...absorbing materials that reduce radar reflection and enable stealth, the F-3 minimizes visible light signals, electronic signals, heat, and noise."

It's not a very stealthy plane on the outside. It's the materials it's made of and the extent to which the Japanese have gone to minimize the signals caused by the rest of the plane's systems. At least that's why I guess they're calling it "stealth" because from the looks of the airframe alone there's not much remarkable there.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
And I'll tell you something else that isn't funny at all. Robots aren't just going to be used to vaccuum your floors and walk your dog. They're going to be used to walk up to your door and knock on it and ask if you if anything's "wrong" in there. They're going to be big, intimidating and impervious, and quite insistent about how they feel about your "rights" as a person. The real "RoboCop" is only about 10 years away and once the first one hits, everyone's going to want one. That's how we do things here in America. All the way, or nothing at all - and everyone knows it.

Have a sense of humor now because you're gonna need one in 2026. Smile for the robot.

NixieTube said:
And I'll tell you something else that isn't funny at all. Robots aren't just going to be used to vaccuum your floors and walk your dog. They're going to be used to walk up to your door and knock on it and ask if you if anything's "wrong" in there. They're going to be big, intimidating and impervious, and quite insistent about how they feel about your "rights" as a person. The real "RoboCop" is only about 10 years away and once the first one hits, everyone's going to want one. That's how we do things here in America. All the way, or nothing at all - and everyone knows it.

Have a sense of humor now because you're gonna need one in 2026. Smile for the robot.

Ten years, no big deal i'll likely be dead by then :mrgreen: