RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wax Vac
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:10 pm 
Hunter

I just saw one of the funniest ads on TV that I've ever seen. The cat in my lap is pretty peeved right now because I couldn't stop laughing.

It's the WAX VAC. It'll suck the crap outta your ears.

https://www.waxvac.com/default.aspx

BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE!

Order now and get a second one free. You can do both ears at once.

I've seen some ridiculous things in my day but this is one of the funniest (read: stupidest) things I've ever heard of.

"Blinkin'! Fix your boobs. You look like a bleedin' Picasso!"-Robin Hood: Men in Tights-1993
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"-The Presidential election of 2008

Post subject: Re: Wax Vac
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:34 pm 
Hawkeye

I saw that one too and said to myself WTF will they try to sell you next? Somehow I have strong doubts that a slight amount of suction will remove ANY sticky ear wax (maybe loose bugs that crawl in) and IF it did have sufficient suction to remove wax I strongly suspect it would damage your ear drum and hearing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:42 pm 
Hawkeye

I have one of them only it looks a bit different; it's a rubber device that look a lot like a syringe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:50 pm 
Single-Sixer

Yeah, I've been seeing these commercials as well. Pure garbage. Made me laugh as well. Please note the fact that they make a point of saying it will remove small "dirt particles and moisture" from your ears. They never use the word "wax". And my guess it it doesn't remove that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:02 am 
Hawkeye

Would you believe I ordered one.... and it is a 'different' kind fo web site.... will rip you off in a second.... you dont know how much you've spent until the order is processed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:14 am 
Hawkeye

No Thanks I'm good ps

Free men need no permission to Bear Arms

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:20 am 
Blackhawk

I can save a lot of people a lot of money by suggesting they get the old hoover out of the closet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:57 am 
Hunter

Fox Mike wrote:
I have one of them only it looks a bit different; it's a rubber device that look a lot like a syringe.

I use one of them several times a year.

The funniest part of the ad to me was when they offered a second one, "just pay additional shipping and handling." I can just see someone sitting in the living room with one of those silly things stuck in each ear.

"Blinkin'! Fix your boobs. You look like a bleedin' Picasso!"-Robin Hood: Men in Tights-1993
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"-The Presidential election of 2008

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 am 
Hawkeye

Oh honey, I'm so glad you're using the Wax Vac I bought! I've found it worked quite well with my hemorrhoids.

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 am 
Hawkeye

I really don't want to tell you folks how much they got me for....I was going to contact their customer service and cancel the order or at least try to get it modified... but have the feeling it will be foolish to even try...... I'm going to chalk it up to a lesson learned....

Here's what happened... history: a few years ago my ears got stopped up and I could not figure out what was going on... lost most of my hearing and finally went to a local clinic and the nurse pressure washed my ears out....when that big clog of wax and debris breaks loose there is this loud painful explosion in your ear..... since then it has happened twice more and I use the ear drops and a syringe with very hot water.... it takes a number of times to get the explosion and the stuff out.... not fun. So the last time I did this was yesterday morning.... and right after I did and my right ear was still hurting... along comes the add.... so they got me at just the right time.... I went to their web site.... and here is kind of what happens...... $10 for the wax vac... okay.... if you want the order expedited (receive in the next week instead of a few months please pay an extra $6.99.... do you want the super ear drops for an extra 9.99? do you want to double your order for only 7.99 more?.... do you want the extra special kit with adjustable suction for only 14.99 more at 20% off... and there were a couple of other things... now keep in mind the first thing you do after ordering the $10.00 vac (they have not told you what the shipping will be yet) is give them your credit card info.. then they start throwing all these extra options at you... finally you get to a thank you for your order and they list out everything you just bought ... including the shipping... (your order has been processed, no chance to review or change it) the shipping and handling on the wax vac is $19.96. that is $19.96 for each item you ordered....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:02 am 
Hunter

blume357 wrote:
I really don't want to tell you folks how much they got me for....I was going to contact their customer service and cancel the order or at least try to get it modified... but have the feeling it will be foolish to even try...... I'm going to chalk it up to a lesson learned....

Here's what happened... history: a few years ago my ears got stopped up and I could not figure out what was going on... lost most of my hearing and finally went to a local clinic and the nurse pressure washed my ears out....when that big clog of wax and debris breaks loose there is this loud painful explosion in your ear..... since then it has happened twice more and I use the ear drops and a syringe with very hot water.... it takes a number of times to get the explosion and the stuff out.... not fun. So the last time I did this was yesterday morning.... and right after I did and my right ear was still hurting... along comes the add.... so they got me at just the right time.... I went to their web site.... and here is kind of what happens...... $10 for the wax vac... okay.... if you want the order expedited (receive in the next week instead of a few months please pay an extra $6.99.... do you want the super ear drops for an extra 9.99? do you want to double your order for only 7.99 more?.... do you want the extra special kit with adjustable suction for only 14.99 more at 20% off... and there were a couple of other things... now keep in mind the first thing you do after ordering the $10.00 vac (they have not told you what the shipping will be yet) is give them your credit card info.. then they start throwing all these extra options at you... finally you get to a thank you for your order and they list out everything you just bought ... including the shipping... (your order has been processed, no chance to review or change it) the shipping and handling on the wax vac is $19.96. that is $19.96 for each item you ordered....

sucks!!!

The fear of man brings a snare but he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted. Proverbs 29:25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 am 
Hunter

None for me thanks!
I like that wax in my ears,....kind of drowns out the Mrs at times. 8)

What'ed ya say dear? :lol:

A true American, just happen to live north of the forty ninth. "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 am 
Single-Sixer

Shucks I thought it was a great idea! But being the cheapskate that I am I figured I could do it my self, so I hooked up my shop vac and put on that long skinny thing and cut it on. Not only did it remove the wax, it cleared my sinus's , but when I blow my nose snot runs out my ears and the tv is strangely muted. But look how much I saved in shipping and handling fees.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 pm 
Hunter

#1rugerman wrote:
Shucks I thought it was a great idea! But being the cheapskate that I am I figured I could do it my self, so I hooked up my shop vac and put on that long skinny thing and cut it on. Not only did it remove the wax, it cleared my sinus's , but when I blow my nose snot runs out my ears and the tv is strangely muted. But look how much I saved in shipping and handling fees.

:D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:35 pm 
Single-Sixer

Bah Humbug on the Wax Vac. I floss. After a good flossing, everything between my ears is gone and I feel "Progressive" :)