RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:47 am 
Hawkeye

It's easy to stand on a stump and preach when you've never been there.

CSIA #599 DCS

"Don't ever think the reason I'm peaceful
is because I don't know how to be violent."

"I'd rather Die while I'm Living than live while I'm Dead"... Jimmy Buffet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:21 pm 
Hawkeye

MADDOG 521 wrote:
One million abortions a year in the USA does seem to be a rather high number. To me anyway

Indeed it is. My position is that we should be doing everything we can to make abortion unnecessary---but nothing to make it illegal. That includes matter-of-fact education for children about sexual reproduction and contraception before they get to high school, as well as some hard talk about the consequences of pregnancy before marriage. It also includes execution of rapists, where the evidence is unchallengable. Ready availability of contraceptives is also and element.
I know there are several here who will choke on some of these points. but government regulation of abortion is just the camel's nose under the tent for more government meddling in medicine.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:25 pm 
Hawkeye

wolfsong wrote:
Why does the biological father have no say in this? What if he wants the child? He darn sure has to accept financial responsibility even if he doesn't want the child and she does.

The man should absolutely have every right to have a say. Anybody who claims otherwise I say is full of "stuff". Abortion is a societal issues, ALL people are affected because all of society is affected. It would be no different when Bush I went to war in Kuwait, Bush II again in Afghanistan and Iraq and all other military actions in US history and saying that nobody except people who have been in the military or are serving have any right to voice an opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:27 am 
Hawkeye

The abortion rate is as high as it is because the group most committed to "the woman's right to choose"-are men. As abortion rights advocate Naomi Wolfe once admitted in a debate with pro-lifer Ellen Alvarez "Women have no choice!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:54 am 
Hunter

blackhawknj wrote:
The abortion rate is as high as it is because the group most committed to "the woman's right to choose"-are men. As abortion rights advocate Naomi Wolfe once admitted in a debate with pro-lifer Ellen Alvarez "Women have no choice!"

This makes no sense to me. What men are making women go into abortion clinics? When I see video or pictures of the pro-abortion demonstrations, the thousands of people with their stupid vagina hats, most of them are women, not men. The men that get involved in this are just trying to appear sympathetic to the demands of their "woke" girlfriends or wives.

The big lie regarding abortion is that it is considered by some to be a medical or health care issue of the pregnant woman. The overwhelming majority of the time this is just not a fact. The issue is that a separate human being is having their life ended, and often brutally, for the convenience of other human beings. There was a Harvard professor a few years back that while thoroughly evil, was logical in saying that up until about 2 years of age, the mother should have the same right to terminate the life of her child as she does when pregnant with that child. Part of what drives me crazy on this issue is that the same people who say the unwanted baby is just a piece of tissue that can be disposed of, will offer their heartfelt sympathies to a woman who wanted the child but miscarried or suffered a still birth. None of these abortion rights supporters turn to a woman who just had a miscarriage and say "No big deal, stop your complaining. It was just a piece of tissue or bunch of cells." Its the same baby in both cases, and the reality of that child as a human being with the right to live does not change depending on whether or not the pregnant woman wants or does not want that child.

-"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will soon be plowing for those that didn't."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:18 am 
Hawkeye

Ale-8(1) wrote:
Fox Mike wrote:
I am not going to get into is it right or wrong but rather a "what would you do if your daughter was raped and became pregnant?". Another situation: Your daughter is pregnant and it is a question of her life or the unborn fetus? What is the answer to either, and who makes the final decision?

These may be the only two scenarios where the woman's wish should be honored.

But not when used as retroactive birth control for recreational sex.

JMHO

I agree with this. I have been a nurse for 50+ years. I started nursing prior to Roe v Wade. Weekly my hospital admitted young ladies that were SEPTIC from illegal abortions. Young women DIED. Their fathers were preachers, lawyers, doctors etc.
For those that say it isn't a medical procedure, what would you call it when the mass of cells will come out badly disfigured if allowed to continue to term? I have seen babies born where the skull stopped above the eyes forming a “cup”. The walnut sized brain was down at the bottom. The law at that time denied an abortion to this couple. So for two weeks til the baby died, their lives were in limbo. Abortion should be a last resort. As Christians our God allows choices. Shouldn’t we do likewise? Or shall we go back to the dark ages, where the Catholic Church passed laws that denied freedom to its citizens? For many abortion is cut and dried, black and white. Unless your loved one is dying from high blood pressure due to eclampsia, and terminating the pregnancy is the cure. A terrible choice to make, if the pregnancy isn’t terminated, you may lose both mother and child anyway. My brothers mother stroked, he was born premature, and his mother died shortly after his birth. My brother suffered from neurological problems all his life. Good luck with your choices.
gramps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:48 am 
Hunter

G-d judges the intent of the heart.
if a child is aborted because its a medical need, he judges the hearts decision. people in positions of this authority carry a very heavy burden. and so do the parents.

if a girl just aborts so she can go have more fun with numerous men w/o being tied down by a child....
G-d judges the intent of the heart.

there are many cases where man chooses life or death over others.
in each case, its the hearts intent that G-d looks at.
police/fire/rescue/war/hospitals.......etc.

https://vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
https://www.claytargetsonline.com/locat ... geon-farm/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:38 am 
Hawkeye

vito wrote:
The men that get involved in this are just trying to appear sympathetic to the demands of their "woke" girlfriends or wives.

In numerous surveys, the demographic that supports abortion most strongly is unmarried males 18-35. Go figger. :?

Social Distancing since 1954.

#Barack'sLiesMatter

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:09 pm 
Bearcat

The answer is DNA. There is no other answer. The fanatics primary cry is "it's the woman's body and her right to choose". Nope. Sorry. Is it her appendix? Yes. Kidney? Yes. Tonsils? Yes. Hair? Yes. Nails? Yes. Breasts? Yes. All those things and so many more are absolutely hers and DNA will confirm 100% they are hers. The baby? Nope. She is the carrier. She is a contributor. But that is not her body. DNA will confirm 50% and only 50%. So no, it is not her body and therefore it is murder just as if she killed any other human being wandering the planet. The whole rape, life threatening etc. is another discussion entirely although it should be noted life threatening is a slippery slope as there will be doctors willing to say life threatening for anyone with the right incentive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:25 am 
Hunter

Murdering a child is not a "right". As previously stated by LDB , the individual person in a woman's womb is NOT a part of her body.
The "fanatics" even condone killing a child that is born in perfect condition is the mother's "right". Where do they draw the line?...1 hour old, 1 day, 1 week,1 month, 1 year and over?

Want to live a content life? "Fear God and keep His commandments"- King Solomon

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die" - St. Augustine

Even one-celled animals have a unique DNA code. So who did the coding?

US Army Vietnam 1966-68

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:46 pm 
Hawkeye

If you really want to set a pro-abortion fanatic off, just mention don't care fathers and deadbeat dads, or say you think welfare should be ended.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:09 am 
Buckeye

LDB wrote:
The answer is DNA. There is no other answer. The fanatics primary cry is "it's the woman's body and her right to choose". Nope. Sorry. Is it her appendix? Yes. Kidney? Yes. Tonsils? Yes. Hair? Yes. Nails? Yes. Breasts? Yes. All those things and so many more are absolutely hers and DNA will confirm 100% they are hers. The baby? Nope. She is the carrier. She is a contributor. But that is not her body. DNA will confirm 50% and only 50%. So no, it is not her body and therefore it is murder just as if she killed any other human being wandering the planet. The whole rape, life threatening etc. is another discussion entirely although it should be noted life threatening is a slippery slope as there will be doctors willing to say life threatening for anyone with the right incentive.

You are correct.
My wife is grateful her birth mother didn’t believe in abortion and chose to give her up for adoption in 1945.
She was raised by her loving mom in a good family atmosphere in small town Texas instead of being flushed down into the sewers of Los Angeles, California.
After 54 years of marriage, we have three fine sons & 4 grandkids who are enjoying life to the fullest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:46 pm 
Bearcat

Armybrat wrote:
LDB wrote:

You are correct.
My wife is grateful her birth mother didn’t believe in abortion and chose to give her up for adoption in 1945.
She was raised by her loving mom in a good family atmosphere in small town Texas instead of being flushed down into the sewers of Los Angeles, California.
After 54 years of marriage, we have three fine sons & 4 grandkids who are enjoying life to the fullest.

I'm glad for you and your wife and your family. And looking at your screen name, thank you for your service.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:55 am 
Hunter

Location: A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicago
In a era of multiple choices for birth control including plan B (morning after pill) using abortion as plan c seems to be a bit of overkill. But then I have lost a child to crib death and the odds of my being able to conceive again are very slim. If I could I would take that clump of cells and have implanted in my own body and bring it to term gladly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:59 pm 
Hawkeye

Selena wrote:
In a era of multiple choices for birth control including plan B (morning after pill) using abortion as plan c seems to be a bit of overkill. But then I have lost a child to crib death and the odds of my being able to conceive again are very slim. If I could I would take that clump of cells and have implanted in my own body and bring it to term gladly.

Has that ever been put forth as a solution to an unwanted pregnancy? Is it even feasible? Seems like a great idea to me. Have I missed its proposal in the past?

I can see that any such "transfer of life" would involve many obstacles, but . . .