SR9 and SR9c info regarding "V1.2"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jhearne

Buckeye
I've been sharing emails regarding the SR9 with a contact I'd like to remain anonymous. According to him, his contact at Ruger confirmed there were changes to the internals. I can only tell you that there minor design changes and the reason for the changes were to tighten up the tolerances internally within the trigger group. I have to leave at that and allow you to draw your own opinions about it for now.

If and when I can tell you more I will, but I have to leave it at that for now. Hope this helps clear up some of the discussion rather mud it up some more.

Josh

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it's clear that the V 1.2 is different internally by looking at mine versus an older one, but what exactly it entails is still a mystery I guess.

jhearne

Buckeye
Yeah, we knew there were changes made, just based off a visual comparison, but none of us could coax any Ruger reps into acknowledging any of them.

Josh

A

Anonymous

jhearne":1j066eb2 said:
Yeah, we knew there were changes made, just based off a visual comparison, but none of us could coax any Ruger reps into acknowledging any of them.

Josh

I think that's odd on Rugers part. If they updated it and made it better, you'd think they'd be singing the praises of the new design rather than being all secretive about it, but maybe they don't want to piss of the owners of the older ones by admitting they had some level of issues with those.

A

Anonymous

prsabordo":31555xsl said:
Just to make it clear, this is the Sr9 we are talking about right, not the Sr9C?

Correct, the SR9 dubbed the V 1.2

jhearne

Buckeye
Yes.

V1.0 is the original SR9, visually distinguished by the single bladed trigger released October 2007.

V1.1 is the Recalled Original SR9's and Post Recall production SR9's, visually distinguished by the Glock Style trigger (with the safety blade).

V1.2 is the new design, visually distinguished by the D shaped Mag Release button.

Trivia here, you could say V1.01 was when Ruger changed the magazines from a U shaped notch to the current rectangular shaped notch.

Josh

ApplianceJunk

Bearcat
Interesting, guess I got the V1.1 SR9.

Ruger changed the magazines from a U shaped notch to the current rectangular shaped notch.

Would there be a photo of the two different magazines side by side on the forum someplace that I could see?

I would like to know what mags I got with my SR9.

A

Anonymous

I don't have an old one, but I could take a picture of mine so you can compare it to yours.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
When I got my SR9c back from Service two weeks ago, because of my light primer hits, it was obvious that they had replaced the striker spring with a longer, if not heavier, spring.
And I have NOT had a chance to get to the range yet, but I really am trying to. I do have great hopes that my light primer hit problem is a thing of the past. Yes, I'm optimistic, even after two service calls and all of my previous problems. I really like this gun.
Sonnytoo
p.s. My SR9c has a D-shaped mag release button, but then it always has, as far as I can tell. I am interested in what changes may be happening.

prsabordo

Bearcat
89grand, i saw your youtube video, it was really helpuful. Does the loaded chamber indicator really stick out that much? Did it affect your sights in any way? Now that i know the differences, i will be on the lookout for them. Turners is having a gun show this weekend, i might check it out and maybe their might be some 1.2v there. Does anyone know if 1.2v hit CA yet?

jhearne

Buckeye
Given as long as the new SR9c has been out, I'd say it's safe to assume there's a good chance you should see most v1.2's, especially if the vendor moves a good bit of the SR9/c's. If it's someone who's got some older stock, you will probably see v1.1's.

Josh

prsabordo

Bearcat
Cool, hey jhearne, is there any probability that you will do a trigger pull comparison with the v1.1 and v1.2 on youtube?

A

Anonymous

prsabordo":10z4c28m said:
89grand, i saw your youtube video, it was really helpuful. Does the loaded chamber indicator really stick out that much? Did it affect your sights in any way? Now that i know the differences, i will be on the lookout for them. Turners is having a gun show this weekend, i might check it out and maybe their might be some 1.2v there. Does anyone know if 1.2v hit CA yet?

No, it didn't effect the sights at all, it just looked stupid really. That's the main reason I filed it down. They are simply way higher than needed in my opinion.

Latest posts