SR9 V1.2? pics!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

Ok I got some close ups of the internals. I actually see one difference between mine and the older models, but I have no idea what effect it might have.

I'm going to steal a pic off the internet to show the difference, internet pic:
IMG_1851_resize.jpg

Mine, on the right side looking at the pic, the black piece is all smooth on the older gun, but mine has some slots cut in it like the SR9c:
Picture034.jpg

Picture040.jpg

New mag release button:

Picture039.jpg

New SR9C style take down lever:

Picture037.jpg

Cam block looks the same to me as the older ones:

Picture035.jpg

So does the barrel and slide:

Picture033.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture030.jpg

jhearne

Buckeye
Thanks for the pics, I need to find someone locally with an SR9c to take apart that FCU and see how the differences actually affect things.

Looks like the half moon cutout thing I asked about isn't there.

Josh

A

Anonymous

Yes, soon as I brought it home yesterday! I hate mag disconnects and was used to my P94 not having one.

kscott

Single-Sixer
jhearne":eqp8dl3j said:
Thanks for the pics, I need to find someone locally with an SR9c to take apart that FCU and see how the differences actually affect things.

Looks like the half moon cutout thing I asked about isn't there.

Josh

I was thinking the same thing, Josh. We should be able to see it from that angle, but I couldn't see it either.

A

Anonymous

I've never felt the older triggers, but just from what I've read, mine is MUCH better, no where near 10 pounds of pull or whatever some users say they are, and it's not stiff enough to effect target shooting either at least not from just dry firing. I think the trigger is definitely reasonable on mine. I can't imagine it being a great idea to have a striker fired gun with a much easier pull than what I have.

I expect it to probably get a little better after putting some rounds through it, but it's not bad as it sits now.

jhearne

Buckeye
I did some tests on in a vise with a zip tie on the trigger to keep the trigger blade from coming out and to give a positive stop. Got really consistent results actually. The Ghost Rocket 3.5 Reset Bar came in at 5 lbs even. Polished Reset Bar was 6 even, and the plain stock bar was about 6 lbs 9 ounces.

I did tests a few days before, but was all over the place on the results. Same thing happened about a year ago testing my polished trigger. Was seeing 9 and 10 lbs easy...but was plus or minus a full half pound. The new results were 1 or 2 ounces plus or minus from the average of 5 pulls.

Josh

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
guys i have a question.....
on the first pictures of the internals, that plastic piece they changed....
is that plastic smooth? because mine looks really really rough.
as in if i ran a q-tip across it it would destroy the q-tip.
thanks guys

A

Anonymous

I don't know what difference it would make, but mine is smooth, and has slots cut in it, but it sure seems that the older full piece is pretty smooth too. It seems like it should be smooth, but maybe it doesn't matter if it isn't, but I'm sure there is no benefit to it being real rough either. I'd probably smooth it over with something as long as it just slight surface imperfections and not deep scratches.

Do you have any pics of it?