SR9 trigger bar upgrade

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Just got an email for Ghost Inc. They are expecting a release date of July 15 for the SR9 trigger bar. Thought I'd pass it along. I'm looking forward to the upgrade now that I've polished the trigger and striker assemblys. I sent a thank you back and asked what pull weight the new trigger bars would create. I'll pass it along as I find out.

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Haven't heard from them about the expected pull weight so I'll be calling them tomorrow. Let everyone know what I find out.

ConradM

Blackhawk
So theres going to be a drop-in 3.5 trigger connector? Does that simply mean the pull will go down to 3.5lbs?

ConradM

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ":ou7ye32w said:
ConradM":ou7ye32w said:
So theres going to be a drop-in 3.5 trigger connector? Does that simply mean the pull will go down to 3.5lbs?

Unless you've cut the striker spring. Yours will be 1.5 lbs. :shock:

I know right... :lol:

alienbogey

Bearcat
Several months ago I emailed them and they said that they would be out in two months. Now, three months later, the web site says August, which is, again, in two months.

Still, I'll definitely be giving Ghost a try, the trigger is the first thing I'd like to improve on my SR9. If I could get it even close to being like the trigger on my P7 I'd be very happy.

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Got my Lymans trigger pull guage in on Friday and my SR9 pulls an average of 7.1 lbs. I've removed the mag disconnect and polished my trigger assembly and striker. I removed my father in law's mag disconnect but have not polished his trigger assembly, it pulls at 7.0 lbs average on the lymans, thought I throw that out there for anyone interested.

drs1457

Bearcat
This is good news for we SR9 owners. There must be enough SR9s out in the market now to attract the aftermarket guys. The trigger is the only issue I have with my SR9. Otherwise, it's been flawless.

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
i read on the site that there would be some slight modification required for the bar to work...

i am new to this kind of thing, so what kind of modification are they talking about?

ConradM

Blackhawk
Gunsby_Blazen":3jloxg88 said:
i read on the site that there would be some slight modification required for the bar to work...

i am new to this kind of thing, so what kind of modification are they talking about?

Pretty sure I saw a "drop-in" trigger bar.

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
sorry it was not "modification" but rather "fitting' was the word used by Ghost..

NEW: The Ruger SR9 Trigger Control Connectors & Drop-in Connectors are coming soon the release time frame will be August 2009. We will be offering the 3.5 LB Rocket for Rugers (requires minor fitting), a drop-in 3.5 LB Trigger Connector & 5.0 LB Tactical for Rugers (requires minor fitting). The pricing will be starting @ $19.95. We are in the final stages of development, we have feedback from many SR9 owners who have tried the triggers and the overwhelming comment has been "AWESOME!!!" "

i was just wondering what this minor fitting would entail..
i will probably just have to wait and see.....

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
oh and i was reading....
for Glock installation, ht says in bold "the parts are modified not the Glock itself" or something similar to that.
i would assume the same would be for the Ruger SR9.....

so i answered my own question....
i would take it down but i figured it might do more good being up than down....

17 Shot

Bearcat
I have been running a modified Glock Ghost connector in my SR9 for several months now. Roughly around 2,000 rounds or so. Trigger pull is a short consistant 3.7 lbs. It will bring your SR alive. I am planning on buying another SR soon and will use the "Ruger Ghost" in it. My SR is one of the first 2000 produced and has around 7,000 rounds through it now. I use it for USPSA production class.

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
i check their website once a week or so....
i still don't know when it will be coming out, probably late this month...

mine still has a peening issue too, even after i sent it in to get it fixed. it isn't that bad.... i am going to shoot it some more and see if it gets worse...
i am very disappointed in that regard...

i saw a Guns & Ammo book a few days ago with an SR9 in it, and i could slightly see what appeared to be some wear/peeing on their model...
maybe its common to the gun.. i dont know

i am still going to get one of these triggers though, the gun shoots well and i like everything about it except for that one issue.

the factory trigger is getting to feel pretty darn good now....

17 Shot, is your modded Ghost trigger good? can you describe the trigger pull aside from lbs..? it feel more crisp? break cleaner? ect?