Colored dots

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
I've wondered what the different colored sticky dots mean that one finds on their firearm. My SR1911 had a solid yellow one. Radicalrod's was yellow with a vertical line. Another has a green one with a blue dot in middle. Another member has an SR1911 as their avatar, it has what looks to be an orange one with a black dot. Another one I saw had TWO stickies. I can't remember for sure, but I think they were yellow and blue.

OldPictures012.jpg

PA170672.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

GEDC0313-1.jpg

RSR1911l.jpg

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Lets see what we can come up with. How about you guys when you get your SR1911, take a picture of the side that has the stickies and post it here.

Maybe someone knows if these identify an inspector or if they're a code for something else.

G2

Hunter
Variations, ..... Rugers way to sell more guns,

you know, a "Collector" has got to aquire one of each. :roll:

:D

The Wall

Single-Sixer
The yellow dot means that it was rejected twice during manufacturing. It takes two colors from the color spectrum to make yellow. The lines and dots signify if major components had to be replaced. The dot is for barrels, and the slash/line is for slides. It's not good to get one with a sticker on it for sure. I wouldn't trust the gun and recommend sending it back for one without the sticker. Having a gun with this sticker on it has been reported to cause severe anxiety accompanied by panic attacks. Send it back immediately, or suffer the consequences.

ranger1

Buckeye
I may be wrong, but I heard the dots are placed on the firearm by the inspector at the factory.

Each inspector has their designated color. Funny thing though, never have seen one on a revolver or rifle. May be it's just a "Prescott" thing?

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Maybe it tells which assembly line it came off of. Someone else mentioned each inspector has a color which sounds reasonable. If that's the case getting one with two stickers would be bad. How about each month having a color. How about, it really doesn't matter!! :D

pisgah

Buckeye
How about, " Hey, Boss! I got this great deal on stickers, but they're all different colors. Will they do?"

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
I am bettin someone at Ruger said one slow day on the floor, "Hey lets play mind games with these guys and put different colored dots on our guns...What a Hoot! :lol: :lol:

And to even make it better, lets put a little black dot in the middle of it with a sharpie, that will send them over the edge."

Pocketfisherman

Bearcat
A dealer I know who does a lot of gunshows uses the dot color to indicate the minimum percentage markup over his cost that he will take on a deal. It gives him a quick and easy way to know what percentage to plug into his calculator when someone makes him a cash offer to see what his profit is.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Pocketfisherman said:
A dealer I know who does a lot of gunshows uses the dot color to indicate the minimum percentage markup over his cost that he will take on a deal. It gives him a quick and easy way to know what percentage to plug into his calculator when someone makes him a cash offer to see what his profit is.

Pockfisher, I've seen that practice done. But my interest is in those that come from the factory. Just curious how many variations there are out there. 8)