Bisley Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Calibre357

Bearcat
I have a Bisley Single Six .22, Model RB22AW, 6 1/2", Adj. sights. I've been told this is a limited addition revolver. Can anyone fill me in on the details of this model?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Standard cataloged modelfor years. "limied" perhaps in the sense they made less than standard Single Sixes. Otherwise, not.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
From what I've seen, subscribe to RENE, think of the Ruger Bisley .22 LRs this was the highest production volume one, and the last produced.

Far from a limited edition.

BlueBisley

Single-Sixer
bisley.jpg

probably looks like this! Limited edition, or not, I shoot the hell outta' mine!

flatgate

Hawkeye
BlueBisley is on the right track. The "two tone" version was indeed a "Distributor Special" and is a rather scarce version these days. I personally know one collector whom purchased maybe 20 of them and swapped out the stainless Bisley grip frame for a blued version and sold the gun.

The stainless grip frame was then installed on a stainless Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk or Single-Six so a "stainless Bisley" was the result long before Ruger actually made Stainless Bisleys....

flatgate

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
The RB-22AW has adjustable sights with a roll marked cylinder, if you search the site, think there are production numbers listed.

The one with the stainless steel grip frame RB-22WS fixed sights, stainless grip frame and rollmarked cylinder was a distributor special with a known serial number range of 261-03585 to 262-15077 with a production of 735 guns for Outdoor Sports in Ohio, shipping in 1989. (info Courtesy of RENE).

BlueBisley

Single-Sixer
yes mine falls late in that ser. # range.I bought mine new in '89/90 at the "Sports Authority" (when they sold guns!) The salesman told me it was a limited edition of 1200 guns (guess he was off a little) I just liked everything about it and plunked down $289.00 Way smoother than my 70's Single Six and the Bisley grip & hammer fit my hand/thumb better.

chet15

Hawkeye
The RB22WS is a rare configuration also as it has fixed sights and a rollmarked cylinder (would have been the scarce model RB-22W were it not for the stainless grip frame).
But there were probably only a few hundred of the RB22W produced.
Chet15

Calibre357

Bearcat
Thanks all for your response..Saw an ad on GB where the owner of a all blue one claimed "only 1200 made" . Just thought I would check..Mine is all blue #261-34xxx and I also purchased it new in the 80's. Only put about 100 rounds through it and it is still like new..Thanks again....Jim

chet15

Hawkeye
The last RENE price guide we did had that one had the RB22WS come in at $525 NIB. Pretty much tells you how much collectors go after New Models as the retail on a new blue Single-Six is $550 and a stainless gun $619.
Inflation seems is going up a lot faster than collector interest.
Chet15

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
I was going to start a new thread on this gun. I found one yesterday in Mebane, NC. I noticed a Bisley Single Six. I didn't know they came with Bisley grips, and I'd never held a Bisley 6-gun. It felt great in the hand. I've got large hands (10+ inch pinky to thumb spread), and I liked the grip was long enough for all four fingers to wrap around it.

The gun was blued, 'cept for the stainless frame. The guy said "I'll never see another one like it". It was mid-400 priced.

The one thing I didn't like was where the grip met the frame on the left side, there was at least a 1/16 inch gap. On the right, it was tight.

I hope you bought it at 400. I paid 500 for mine 4 years ago. But at least it was NIB with box, shopper and all the paperwork. And yes I shoot mine too. Very accurate by the way.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
I didn't buy it (no permit on me at the time).... I don't own a 6-gun, but would like to.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
The Sports Authority stores in Alaska still sell guns and ammunition. At least the ones in Fairbanks do. The Walmart sells handguns and long guns and so do the Fred Meyer stores.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
They are really nice guns. That last one is gorgeous. ^^^

Were these offered as a convertible, with matching 22mag cylinder?

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
ruggedruger said:
They are really nice guns. That last one is gorgeous. ^^^

Were these offered as a convertible, with matching 22mag cylinder?

NO, THEY WERE NOT. But the 22MAG cylinder from my 1965 SSS fits and shoots perfectly in my 1995 Bisley 22.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
WIL TERRY said:
But the 22MAG cylinder from my 1965 SSS fits and shoots perfectly in my 1995 Bisley 22.

That's good news, provided the dealer that has one for sale a while back, still has that gun. I'll be headed that way soon...