a frosty morning

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nrobe50

Buckeye
its a little nippy this morning
100_3129.jpg

Yup I hear ya It's heading our way. -30 is what there predicting
for Mon. morning. We were gonna go ice fishing Sun. but on the lake with that kind of cold doesn't take much wind to drive you indoors, lol. Batten down the hatches. ps

Cholo

Staff member
Brrr! That's cold!! :shock: The lowest temp I was ever in was a balmy -7 with a high of 7. I'll take 105F with high humidity any day over really cold!

steve b

Single-Sixer
Am heading for camp in N. central Penn. woods for the last day of grouse. A weird tradition for the gang. Will be below zero the next few nights, outhouse no fun at all then. Its a balmy 15, windchill in single digits now at my house in N.E. ohio. steve b

Reminds me of when I grew up in Minneapolis. Cold there like nothing in SE Michigan now.

Some of our hunting camp met for breakfast last week. Started talking about a gathering up there (NE Michigan) in Feb. this year, just for cards & fun. It's 5 there now. Going to -4 this weekend.

A couple years ago we snowshoed in 1/2 mile off the road to camp in Feb. 3 1/2 ft of snow. First job was starting a fire while my buddy shoveled a path to the outhouse. We cut no animal tracks in 2 days. Frosty but fun!

I left Houston in Jan 95. to go to a job site on Sakhalin Island Russia. It was 70F in Houston and -35F when we landed in Hobarosk for the night which is on mainland Russia. Now that is quite a change for this Southern Boy. The pitcher of water that was in our hotel room froze that night.

Most every day in Jan. at the job site was -20-10. Yea I was working outside doing inspection/check-out work

He who hates COLD WEATHER,

Jim
I will not be going to MN in the winter time. Don't really care to go North of I-10 :lol:

nrobe50 said:
its a little nippy this morning

Well since I'm in the Twin Cities and we had -16 that must put you up near the border. You're a better man then me. While I love God's country in Spring, Summer and Fall...you couldn't pay me to live there in the dead of Winter. :)

KTM

Single-Sixer
I'm located just into Wisconsin across the border from Minnesota basically due east of Minneapolis/St. Paul and I had -26 F this morning.

Jan%2021%202011_TEMP.jpg

Yawn

Blackhawk
Please tell me those pics were taken from iside looking out a window~!

callshot

Blackhawk
Been there, Done that. Makes for a long night at work. Coldest this year was -21 so far. Retirement and a warm house and bed is great. Steve

flatgate

Hawkeye
I remember firing up my ol' Jeep at -45° one morning in the 1980's. It complained :D but got me to work on time.

High temp that day was -30°.

flatgate

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I've gotten soft. Born and raised in New England, drove through the Blizzard of '78, shoveled driveways my entire life. Moved to the Colorado mountains in the 90s and experienced the kind of snow you have to sweep out of the way rather than shovel, but it still got 2-3 ft deep, cold, etc. That's where I learned to love my 2-1/2 car garage. It's much better when you don't have to scrape your car off every morning.

Now I'm out here on the west coast, been here 15 years, and get cold when it reaches +35F. The windshield wipers get a good workout, though...

-- Sam