Pics and Specs: Ruger SR9c and Glock model 26

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Here's some pix for you: SR9c and the Glock 26:

Both are nice guns. My Glock was "delivered" in good form and only needed the GHOST trigger to reduce the trigger pull to 3.5#; has been 100% problem-free and accurate for the five yrs I've owned it. Slide serrations are dull as normal for Glock.

The Ruger is also accurate, but had a heavy trigger pull before the GHOST, has nearly knife-sharp slide serrations, had an inoperative thumb-safety(unusual) and the slide-lock does not function also as a slide-release, as some guys' Rugers do.

Some specs: The Ruger is a longer gun by ~0.5", but seems a bit narrower in width, I believe, depending upon where you measure. The Glock slide width is 1.18" and IIRC, the Ruger slide width actually came in just less than one inch. That Ruger is not here to measure at the moment.
Barrel lengths identical @ 3.5", Glock is 3.5 oz lighter @ 19.8 oz vs. 23.4 oz for the Ruger. Both are 10+1 ammo capacity with the shorter mags.
Both guns will put ten rounds in one inch @ 7 yards, in my hands...proven.
Glock reliability has been proven; Ruger SR9c is still new on the market. My Ruger is well over 200 rounds and 100%, but some 9c owners are reporting a small percentage of light primer hits with various lots of ammo. Cause of light primer hits has not yet been reported.
Ergonomics will be argued, but that's different strokes.
Again, they're BOTH nice guns.
Sonnytoo

G26SR9c-1.jpg

The Glock is on top of the Ruger:
G26SR9c.jpg

The Ruger on top of the Glock:
SR9coverG26copy.jpg

Again, the Glock is on top:
SR9cG26.jpg

kscott

Single-Sixer
Nice pics Sonny. This should clear up some of the confusion that existed when it first came out that it was at least the size of the G19. :roll:

Glad you enjoy them both!!

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Thanks for posting these. I have been debating the G26; but since I have a SR9, I was thinking the SR9c would be a better choice. I was wondering today if someone had pics of them side by side - knew I could count on the Ruger forum!

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
tookalisten":27wgx3kc said:
Thanks for posting these. I have been debating the G26; but since I have a SR9, I was thinking the SR9c would be a better choice. I was wondering today if someone had pics of them side by side - knew I could count on the Ruger forum!

Not a great pic-

6.jpg

Latest posts